Join uf on one of our legendary Ski& Sail voyages, and see some of the best of Norway!
||03. 04. 2020 12:00
||7.04. 2020 10:00
Please note that this is just a small collection of the most crucial information. If you have any further questions, please send an email to email@example.com and we will reply as quick as we can within normal norwegian business hours.
What are these trips all about?
- Each trip of ski & sail visits a mountainous area with our group and guides, over four-five days. We welcome skiers and snowboarders!
- We are about 40 people and 6-7 guides, so when ski touring you will have one guide per 6 people, more or less.
- We travel on the Tall Ship named Christian Radich – a majestic three-masted vessel with full crew, accomodation, kitchen and amenities aboard. We live and eat on board, but will visit destination inland as well.
- The trip starts and ends in a city (f.ex. Tromsø, for the Lyngen trip) and consists of 1 24-hour day of sailing to the destination. While there, we will have 3 days in a row, each day with a ski tour of 4-8 hours in spectacular terrain.
- We will use the ship or smaller tender boats, as well as mini buses or buses, to get to the start of the ski tours.
Payment and booking
- The tickets were released to the public on the 3rd of September 2019. At this point (15th of september) about 30% of all spots have been booked! This will sell out – so be early!
- When ordering the ticket online in our webshop friflytbestill.no, you will pay a deposit of 2000 NOK. This deposit is non-refundable.
- Once we’re getting closer to departure, you will receive an invoice for the remaining cost of your trip. We refund the price (except deposit) if you cancel max 60 days before departure. We will not refund your cost if you cancel within 60 days of departure.
- The participation fee covers your stay on board with room and board, entertainment on board and the fee for guiding. We do not cover personal travel expenses to the destination or personal food (f.ex. beer on board after a trip)
Practical things and skiing/snowboarding
- You’ll be needing to bring your own ski touring gear (like appropriate skis, skins, tech bindings and boots) as well as avalanche gear: A transciever, shovel and probe.
- We do not expect you to be a skiing expert – even ski touring newbies are welcome. However, you should know a bit about touring and have reliable skiing/snowboarding technique.
- All dietary restrictions and so on can be accomodated for, in a satisfying fashion!
- The guides mostly speak english. You will for the most part be assigned to one guide for the touring days!